Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Tao of Weight Loss

I went to an interesting class on Sunday called "The Tao of Weight Loss." It was an interesting take on losing weight more holistically. One is encouraged to give up control and just follow simple principles to happiness and feeling good. This week, I am eating with the sun. This means that the metabolism is tied to the sun cycle. Eat breakfast as soon as possible upon awakening. Lunch should be your biggest meal. Dinner should be small, simple, and smart. Eat dinner before the sun sets and limit to one food in general. Also, I am increasing my water intake as part of this. So no rocket science, but regular principles that we have all heard before. Also, the presenter is an acupuncturist and herbalist here in Houston and can help with balancing the hormones, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment